Search This Blog

Sunday 6 October 2013

Galaxy Nails!

I have really wanted to try out the ombre technique on my nails for ages which is basically when you blend two or more colours to get a gradation effect. So, I thought I'd do this to achieve a galaxy/cosmic style look.

The nail varnishes I used ranged from a really dark green to a royal blue to a deep purple. I blended them together in a vertical manner but I guess you could even do this in a swirly style to make it seem more like galaxy.


The products I used were:
-Collection Hot Looks in '24 Shameless'
-Sally Hansen HD in '18 DVD'
-Collection Lasting Colour in '6 Purple Rain'




Although I used shimmery nail varnishes, I added on a thin coat of gold glitter just to make it extra sparkly. The nails will be quite rough from the blending so you have to put on a good layer of clear top coat. It can also get quite messy so I found it helpful to clean up the edges of my nails with a cotton bud stick dipped in nail polish remover.
This is what it looked like at the end....


Noshin ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment