Search This Blog

Saturday 5 October 2013

Henna Hands

This isn't directly nail art related, but I just thought I'd share some of the henna/mehndi designs I did for last Eid. This was a month ago, but there is another Eid coming up in a few weeks so this feels like the right time to upload these so you can take a look at some of the styles and get practicing if you want to have a go! Remember that henna isn't just for Eid, but it is commonly used in other festivals and celebrations like wedding, Diwali or just for fun :)

So, the first one is quite a complex design. because it has very intricate details and needs to be drawn exact to get it to look right. It is very bold, traditional Arabian design and these mandala styles look best featured in the palm of your hands. I did this on my own hand so I could only do it on my left hand.

This is what it looked like immediately after I washed it off. I looks bright red but this was down to the artificial lighting. It was in fact a deep brown colour and it darkened as the days went by.
The next design is one I did on the back of my left hand. It is a really elegant design with paisleys running up the middle finger from the wrist and it's slightly simpler to do too. 

 

\The last design I'm going to share is one that I did on my little sister and this was a design that I actually made up myself by sketching it out on paper first. I included things she likes in henna like lots of swirls and flowers and I even drew on a bow on the wrist.


I have seen lots of nail art designs inspired by henna and henna itself can even be used on nails. It is a really fun thing to do so i really recommend giving it a go!

Noshin ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment