Search This Blog

Monday 23 December 2013

Bandage dress inspired nail art

So, I came across this really pretty shade called 'Milkshake' by Collection. It's a lovely, light pink dusty colour and I thought it'd make a nice base to do a contrasting nail design with.
I thought up of this design and it's where you basically have to draw lots of straight lines in different directions so that they look they are over and under lapping each other. This is similar to what the material is like in bandage dresses as they have to be wrapped around the body. I actually found this picture after I did my nails like this but the top part of the dress is nearly exactly the effect I had recreated on my nails....

I used a fine nail art pen (LA Colours) so that I could create these steady lines. 
This is what the finished design looked like:


These really stand out and I got a lot of compliments. I was also told they look quite tribal which I think is good as that's a big trend at the moment. 
They did take me a while to do, especially on my left hand but I definitely think it paid off. 

I hope you have a go and let me know what you think ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment