Search This Blog

Thursday 26 December 2013

Diagonal polka dot nail art

This was from a while ago, but I had to do something smart on my nails for a formal event and didn't want any bright colours on my nails so I made up this design.

I separated my nails diagonally and painted them with two contrasting colours - a black and a light grey. The black I used was by Barry M and the grey was called 'Angel Wings' by Collection.
I then used a dotting tool to print dots along the diagonal lines with the alternate colour on each sides - so on the black side I used grey dots and for the grey side I used black dots.
This is what the finished look looked like...


I also found that from a distance, the dotting effect made it seem like the grey blended into the black and looked almost like a gradation. It looks really effective and didn't take long to do. 
You don't have to stick to these colours, you can use whatever you like to make it look more fun but I think contrasting colours work best.
Try it yourself ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment